1.1 Ibiza Cats (the charity) is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our services. In order to provide you with the full range of the charity services and information, we sometimes need to collect information from you. This policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following services:
- Official the charity digital communications channels
- Telephone, letters and other correspondence and in person
- What information may the charity collect about you
- How and when will the charity use information we collect about you
- Will the charity disclose your details to anyone else
- Your choice regarding the personal information you provide to us
1.3 Ibiza Cats is committed to safeguarding your personal information. We are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
1.4 the charity website contains links to websites owned and operated by third parties. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the protection of data collected on these websites and we recommend you review their privacy policies.
1.5 If you are aged 16 or under, please ask your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to the charity.
5 Crown Street
2. What information may we collect about you?
2.1 When you join the charity, book onto an educational event or examination, participate in the charity activities (such as signing up for a newsletter, entering a competition, surveys, etc.) or express an interest in the charity, you may be required to complete a registration/application form. This can consist of information such as your name, date of birth, interests, and work experience. Where we provide personalised services, we may ask your permission to review third party data about you, for example your Twitter or Facebook feeds, to provide more effective personalisation.
3. How and when will the charity use information collected about you?
3.1 the charity will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide information and request subscription payments
- To provide our services such as verifications for employment and information relating to examinations and educational courses you have signed up to
- To provide you with information on the membership benefits available to you and how to access them
- To provide general information on educational courses, events, committees, vacancies, and examinations that you may be interested in
- To request information and/or feedback from you on the services we provide
- To produce non-personally identifiable aggregated and statistical demographic reports to help us better understand our members and contacts
3.2 Where the charity proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
4. Will the charity disclose your information to anyone else?
4.1 We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example, to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 4.4.
4.2 Generally, we will use your information within the charity and will only share it outside the charity where you have requested it or given your consent, for example, if you choose to share content via social media. Sometimes the charity uses third parties to send marketing material and to collate survey data. the charity requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
4.3 We may share your personal information internally (i.e. between departments in the charity), for example, the education unit may be informed of candidates who have signed up for a particular exam so that they (the education unit) can then provide information on educational support available to those exam candidates.
4.4 If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the charity websites or digital communications channels, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour related to the charity activities, the charity may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where the charity believes you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws or regulations (e.g. because of content you have posted that may be defamatory), the charity may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, or the appropriate regulatory body e.g. General Medical Council, General Dental Council, Health and Care Professions Council.
5. Your choice regarding the personal information you provide to the charity
5.1 We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant services and activities. All members and contacts can manage their communications preferences via the dashboard on their secure area of the charity website.
5.2 Under the data protection act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information the charity holds about you and to have inaccuracies corrected. We will use every reasonable effort to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our database.
Updated: 16 Decenber 2016